I picked up my car in March 2013 and after a few weeks the problem started.
I was driving along around 30mph and noticed a loud bleep, it sounded like the one that tells you that the door is open or simlar.
As I looked at the instruments all the dials went to zero. Fuel, Speedo and rev counter.
Also the indicators froze and numerous lights came up on the instrument cluster.
Within 30 seconds it stopped and all seemed fine. I drove home and as I got onto the drive it done the same thing. I call the RAC and they could not find any error codes as they did not have the right software. So I called a friend and asked him to plug in his tech 2 and see if any errors were showing.
There was nothing.
I called the dealer and was asked to pop over to the dealer the following Monday which was 2 days away.
I carried on using the car and all was ok and no repeat of the problem. Monday morning I went out to the car and unlocked it with the key fob as normal and the alarm went off.
I got in the car and started it up and within a few seconds the problem started again. This time it was repeating itself every 30 seconds or so. All the dials would go to zero, ABS light on, TC light on, Hill Decent light on, DPF light on and others.
The indicators would not work when I tried them, they were freezing when you turned them on.
So I called the RAC again and this time 24 errors relating to the Cam Bus were showing.
All seemed to be communitcation errors according to the RAC guy.
The car was taken in to be looked at. On inspection it was decided that the car need some software updates and also an update for the main ECM.
I went and collected the car and as I got on to my driveway it done the same thing again.
This time it onle bleeped once but I had the same lights come on and the instruments went to zero.
I called the dealer again and was told that they would need to check the entire car for faulty modules or wiring. After 1 week of micro pin testing and other updates followed bu a full reprograme of the entire car I was told it was fixed.
I collected the car the following day and everything was fine for about 2 days.
Then the same thing again. Again it was sent back to the dealership via the RAC.
Upon further inverstigation and talks with Vauxhall tech it was decided that the fault was within the instrument cluster. After waiting for a further 4 weeks without my car and in a hire car that was just horrid I finally got my car back.
So, 7th June 2013 car went in..... 1st August car returned. This is a very long time indeed.
So since then all has been great, no lights flashing, no bleeping nothing. Until Wednesday this week. The same damn thing again. The car is now back with the dealership and the same UL603 type codes are again being seen. Again these all relate to the Cam Bus.
Vauxhall tech seem to have no idea what is wrong and I wondered if anyone else has had this kind of problem?
One thing I am very curious about is when they ordered my new instrument cluster 2 others had been ordered as well. Also I was told that Vauxhall had changed the supplier of the cluster but they did not give a reason.
So the new one had to be made and sent over from Germany. How can I find out where the other 2 clusters went? Maybe they are also having the same problem as me??
I am so fed up of not having my car, yes I get a hire car but it's never suitable as I am disabled. I just want it fixed so I can rely on it.
If anyone can help or offer any idea of what could cause this I would be grateful.
not good on a new car i would say if your dealer is unable to rectify the problem on your car with all the correct diagnostic equipment and back up from vauxhall and they have explored all avenues at the dealership then it should be sent back to vauxhall for rectification or supply you with another new car
Having been a Service Manager in a Vauxhall / GM dealership , surprised they haven't managed to solve problem , especially if they have been getting help direct from Vauxhall Technical Services .Get on to Customer services and let them know of your displeasure and the failed attempts to repair car .
I have today spoken to the service manager and he thinks they may have found the problem. He tells me there are 2 body control modules which is unusal for Vauxhall.
After extensive testing it turns out that one of the modules in the K line of the ECM was not programed at all. When they tested it it had no information or software relating to the car so in effect was in like a limbo state.
They have road tested the car today for over 20 miles and also short drives to see if the fault repeats itself and so far all seems ok.
They are arranging for me to collect it later today and test it over the weekend.
So fingers crossed it's been fixed once and for all.