If you think it's tied into central locking / immobiliser , it could be a faulty sensor or door lock sticking . This tells you how to reset key fob remote if you want to try that .
FORD Mondeo 98˝> Scorpio 95> (Radio 3 Button) - Key Remote Programming
1. Turn Ignition 4 times from 0 to I, ending at position I. A tone should sound.
2. Press the Remote Unlock button – another tone should sound.
3. Additional Remotes can be added by repeating Step 2, within ten seconds of each remote.
4. To exit turn Ignition to 0 – another audible sound should be made.
FORD Mondeo 96> Scorpio > 98 (Radio 2 Button) - Key Remote Programming
1. Turn Ignition to II, then turn ignition from II to I and back 4 times within 3 seconds.
2. The PATS LED on dash should light.
3. Turn Ignition to 0. Then press Unlock button and keep it pressed until the PATS LED flashes 4 times (new fob first, then old)
4. Turn Ignition to II, then back to 0 to end.
Posted on Wednesday 26th of January 2011Don't understand this? Ask a question