Check this NOW.
There is a tendency for the wiring harness that powers the heated windscreen washers to chaff and eventually short circuit. This happens at the passenger (left) side bottom of the bonnet where the wiring runs between the bonnet skin and its inner reinforcing pressings. The same circuit and fuse also powers the door mirrors. Eventually the fuse will blow ofcourse but worst case scenario harness could ignite. Check it ASAP.
To test: Lift bonnet>start engine>have 2nd person operate mirrors>check for smell.
Posted on Sunday 15th of June 2008Don't understand this? Ask a question